Thursday, October 10, 2013

Beaches and Babies

Precious baby Lily is 4.5 months old and though she may look angelic in this fuzzy amazing little get-up (thank you Grandma Kelly and Grandpa Winstson!), she has it in for her Mommy and Daddy. Though, for the nanny, she goes a full 8 hours during the day with only one feeding (really; that's not a joke), she eats 3 times in an 8 hour night for me. So Chris and I are really tired again. I'm already worrying about how break her of this comfort habit when we go to sleep training. I know that she likes to wake up and be comforted by me and since I'm away all day now, I like the extra snuggles but I really wish she'd sleep 5 straight hours and then give me some snuggles at say, 5 a.m., a more civilized time of the morning for cuddling.

Grandma and Grandpa Faiola were up this last weekend and it was amazing weather; truly off-the-hook awesome for October. We went hiking to Clayton Beach three times and Jamisen walked almost the entire way each time. That's a 2 mile hike for a little boy. I was so thankful to have Grandpa and Grandpa since Chris was on a business trip and taking care of two littles is entirely possible but not a recipe for a thriving, stress-free household.

Jamisen loves the beach soooooo much. He's still a very clean little toddler so doesn't go running into the water or get very dirty (which, truth be told, suits his Mama just fine) but he excels at rock throwing. 

The only thing he loves more than rock throwing and cooking is his sister. He kisses her. He hugs her. He tries to tickle her (rather ineffectively). He asks to see her every morning when he gets up. It's extremely sweet and makes my heart melt with gratitude. How did we get so lucky to have such a sweet little boy?

While Jamisen may not like getting dirty much, he sure is adventuresome! He has no fear or concept of safety when exploring. He also has no idea how sharp barnacles are!

Grandpa assisted Jamisen on some of the more difficult dismounts.

This picture makes me laugh. Jamisen is in this somewhat giant outcropping rock formation / cave. He found a stick and is literally pounding the dickens out of the cave while yelling a primal scream at the top of his lungs. It's all very caveman "I found my tool! And now, hear me rooooooaaaaaaar!"

Both of our children clearly love to have their fingers in their mouth. Which makes me wonder, is fingernail biting genetic? I bit my fingernails until I became pregnant with Jamisen. I quit cold turkey right then and there. After all, Moms don't bite their fingernails! =)

Baby Lily, or as I call her 'Gerber Baby' has started oohing and coohing, and doing mini laughs. She's not doing the big full-on baby peals of laughter but little happy giggles. She also has found her feet and practices the Happy Baby yoga pose often.She is our happy baby and we love her and our expanded family unit more each and every day.

No comments: