Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy New Year

Like many on New Years, Lily found herself in a horizontal position, partially unclothed. Unlike many on New Years, Lily is the most adorable cherubic little harbinger of good tidings (ever).

Weather permitting, I've been taking Lily on walks around the neighborhood. We are so thankful for warm clothes, especially this amazing sweater from honorary Grandma Linda. She loves being on walks and generally falls asleep on the walk so I try to time the walks with her nap time.

Jamisen is in the phase where he hides under a blanket, or in a closet (in plain sight, basically) and actually believes that since he can't see you, that you can't see him. In this sequence of photos, he is 'hiding' ("Mommy! I'm hiding! Mo-OM! I'm hiding!") and whoosh, look at that dramatic reveal. I had no idea where he was! I'm so surprised! And then we proceeded to play that game 1846milliony times.
Lily is eating solids like a champ. Today she ate an entire sweet potato! And every morning, she gets a lovely kale/blueberry/almond butter/hemp milk/chia seed/yogurt breakfast that she eats like it's candy. Her brother seems to eat less than she does. I have no idea what he subsists on besides string cheese, yogurt and bagels (that may be a slight exaggeration but really, he'll do 2 bites of a healthy dinner and then just graze the rest of the time). Bless his heart, he still drinks his green kale juice.


The other day, Jamisen hit me. I gave him a time out. When I came back to talk to him about the time out, he threw his toy at me. And then did it again. This time, I told him that he had a time out and when I came back, he would be getting a spanking (directly against Chris's wishes; we are designed to be a spanking-free house). When I came back in to give him his spanking, he was sitting in bed, under the covers, acting all innocent and singing, "God is so good. God is so good. God is so good. He is so good to me. God loves me so. God loves me so. God loves me so. He is so good to me." I had to turn around and leave the room; I was laughing so hard.


Jamisen is a big helper in the kitchen always. Here he is, helping with the delicious maple siracha donuts. Of course, the second I turned my back, I heard him say "Mommy, I added more water." And sure enough, he had dumped an extra 4 ounces of water into the batter. Awww, thanks buddy!

Jamisen went to his beloved's birthday party last weekend and had the best time. He was introduced to a DVD player and saw 'Minions' for 30 minutes. That pretty much blew his mind. He has started peeing in the toilet for candy and is quite good at holding his bladder now. He still refuses to poop in the toilet. He continues to have a classic 2 year old's mischievous streak. We caught him sneaking into Lily's room, climbing up into her crib and waking her up. That was not a fun day. Her baby cam monitor has been reinstated to its rightful place so that rude awakening won't happen again.

 

We were so happy that Grandpa Winston got to join our maple siracha donut debauchery. He got down on the floor and played with Jamisen, much to the delight of Jamisen who had his new fire engine toys to show off and, course his amazing puzzle skills.


No comments: