Sunday, June 19, 2016

Lily's Birthday with horses & unicorns


Our little Lily is THREE years old. Wow! Did that go fast or what? She is a happy, happy child with a vocabulary of an 7 year old. This is probably because she loves to read so much. Her attention span is unparalleled when she is being read to.


Lucky girl got to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Faiola when I was at my 3 day lecture/lab for my Nutritional Therapy degree. The university is in Lacey Washington (a big selling point when I was considering the certificate degree). So, while I'm in a classroom all day, Lily gets to hang out with Grandpa. And since it was her birthday, they treated her to quite an adventure! 

Lucky Lily got a new bike (!!!) complete with streamers and a backpack, a crown, ice cream and balloons. Grandma and Grandpa Faiola did that birthday up right! =)


Funny story about Lily: the other evening after getting the kids down for bed, I was reading on the couch to de-stress after the day when I heard quite a little pitter patter of sneaky feet. I said, "That had better not be a kid, because they need to be in their rooms." And, I look over, and Lily is literally creeping by, with her hands covering her eyes, to steal a left-behind saltine cracker off the living room floor. Because she thought that the hands covering her eyes wouldn't allow me to see her. Because if she can't see me, clearly I can't see her. I was laughing so hard that I let her sneak in and out with no comment.

Lucky Lily got TWO birthday parties - one with Grandma and Grandpa Faiola and one at Perch 'n' Play with her friends. Unfortunately, the setting for the giant DSLR camera was set incorrectly and the only photos we have are iPhone photos. I could weep with sadness but thankfully, there will be other photos to share in the future, shot on any number of high quality cameras. 

Lots of her little friends came and she loved every minute of it!

One of her gifts was a horse stable, complete with a horse and two knock-off American Girl type dolls. She did not play with it as intended ...
Precious Lily is three years old and we are so glad that she is a part of our family. She brings laughter, joy and singing to everything she does. Happy Birthday Lily!

No comments: