Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer Camps Galore

Jamisen has had quite a fun summer of camps so far. He did a cooking class at his Montessori school and then was introduced to the great sport of soccer. Since his Dad excelled at soccer, we're thinking he might have a knack for it. It started off slowly with him hanging back, watching and not participating but by Day Two, he was rarin' to go and had fun every day.


Phew! I have been told by multiple other Moms that I definitely don't want to get him into soccer because all of our weekends will be spent watching him on a rainy field and we'll be doing long drives to Spokane for soccer tournaments before you know it but on the other hand, I love the idea of a team sport for him and that camaraderie that comes through teamwork.


He's in the Y summer camp now. This morning, I dropped him off and asked him what he was most looking forward to. He proclaimed, "The climbing wall and swimming!" I asked him if he would like his sister to join him at camp or if that was something he'd just like to keep for himself, and he said, "I would like Lily to join me next week!" When I asked for more details, he said "I want her to come because she would have so much fun!" Awwwww ...



Lily remains charismatic, friendly and dynamic. We walked to Haggen last night for cottage cheese and eggs and, another very important dairy product: ice cream. While Lily was sitting at the cafe, eating her ice cream, an elderly woman shuffled by. Lily called out to her, "You can sit with us! We have an extra seat" and indeed, we did have an extra seat. The woman did not take Lily up on her generous offer so Lily went one step further and said, "There's a bag on the seat but I will move it for you" and then proceeded to move the bag off the seat. She continued to engage with the solitary senior until she was done with her ice cream. It was heart-warming to see such generosity of spirit from our little girl.


No comments: