Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A few photos from my 40th Birthday Party

You only turn 40 once and so, inspired by another girlfriend that threw a blow-out birthday party for her 40th, Chris and I went all-in for my mid-point birthday party.

We rented a lovely Italian deli out for the night.

The food was epic: platters of Mediterranean food, cheese, phyllo pastries and of course, desserts from my favorite shop (Pure Bliss).


The desserts were a mixture of delightful sugar cookies and assorted cupcakes, including a stunningly delicious salted caramel chocolate cupcake that was filled with salted caramel gooey deliciousness.

It was fun to see all of my friend groups together at once. It was a great mix of book club girlfriends, political friends, and workout friends.

It was good the party was in a wine shop/deli because the party was **thirsty** and went through quite a few more libations than we originally anticipated.

We had a DJ and everyone danced late into the night.

There were also a few toasts though I cut them off at 3 to keep the momentum of the party and celebration going.

It was such a fun night that I exclaimed to longtime Bramble Berry COO, Norman, the next day that I couldn't wait to turn 50 to do it all over again. =) He suggested that 41 was a fine year to do it as well. Ha! =)


Friends. Laughter. Good food. Witty Conversation. It was a wonderful night to remember. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such an awesome photo set from your 40th Birthday Party. I am sure you would be doing more slayings on your upcoming birthdays. Thanks a ton for these details my friend. Even I have to host my 40th birthday at one of the best venues in NYC and might settle on the chic Oscar inspired bash. Would love to wear a green sparkly gown for the night party. Can’t wait for it?