Friday, August 28, 2009

Chris is calling me 'Freckles'

The sun has done no favors to my normally pale skin. I am 'Freckle Girl!' And, I appear to be developing a strange second line around my entire lips. Is it a blister? Did I get collagen injected under duress? Do I have a strange tattoo spontaneously appearing? No one knows but my lips are getting fat. Chris is (jokingly) refusing to kiss me just in case the 'big lips' disease is catching.

We did our final two dives today and they were INCREDIBLE. Stupendous. Amazing coral
reefs. Awesome fish life. And no big anything. We saw a few turtles, a bunch of barracuda but no huge things (like eagle ray or shark). It didn't matter though. With 81 degree water and 60 foot
visability and a small group of just 4 very experienced divers, it was practically heaven in water. We just floated - our last dive was an hour long. And in fact, between all 7 dives this week, and the last dive an hour long, we literally error'ed out my dive computer. It was so angry with us for not doing an 8 minute ascent with a 3 minute safety stop from the bottom that it just beeped and beeped at us with a big flashing 'Error! Error!' It won't work again for a day to ensure I don't dive again. The other couple we were diving with both had dive computers that said we were just fine (we did a 5 minute ascent with a 3 minute safety stop) so we felt comfortable surfacing before my computer said it was okay.

We also visited the Aloe Vera Farm and the Butterfly Farm. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 3 and we are going to get in one last trip to the Butterfly Farm before we return our rental car. Today, we went to the national park, toured the caves and visited the natural bridge and an old gold smelting factory. That plus the two dives made for a busy day. But my husband didn't quit - he took $100 and took it to $150 playing Blackjack. My hero ...

See you all soon. We're both excited to be coming home.

No comments: