Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

IMG_7200b 
  This Father's Day started out with Chris giving me the best present of all - an hour of extra time to sleep in. Because we scheduled Soap Weekend Intensive over Father's Day Weekend (whoops!), Chris has the joy of spending the entire weekend with perfect Mr Jamisen while I soap it up! Soaping has been exhilerating but exhausting so it was wonderful to get to sleep in an hour. Best. Father's Day. EVER.
 May 2012 
Oh wait, Father's Day is supposed to celebrate Chris? Right! On it! We've rescheduled Father's Day in the Faiola-Renoud household for next weekend. We're headed to the Washington coast, where Chris will golf, sleep in and generally have a real Father's Day. I'm not completely heartless.

IMAG0704
  
I would be remiss though, to not mention my Father, one half of the model for how we are attempting to intentionally parent Jamisen. My Dad, Dr. Richard Faiola, of Olympia, WA (yes, he is the best general practice Doctor in Olympia, WA) taught me (along with strong support from my awesome mom) everything I know about determination, being tenacious, willful curiosity and being a leader with integrity within my community. I fully recognize that I won the genetic lottery by having my Dad as half of my genetic make up. Thanks, Dad! Untitled 
P.S. This is what Jamisen made for his Daddy today. He can't hold a crayon very well. He doesn't know what to do with it. But he was pretty excited to bang the crayon on the floor that I thoughtfully covered with paper to make this masterpiece. I think we can all agree that it's clearly the work of an early genius, correct?

No comments: