Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catherine Marie?

We're narrowing down the possible names for Jamisen's little sister. Catherine Marie is currently the name front runner in my head. But, there's still 3 months to change my mind. Before that name, I was going for 'Elizabeth' but Chris nixed that idea. I love strong female names and Catherine is one that has a rich and storied history. Hopefully she doesn't take after Catherine the Great with her age or her excess in her personal life (she only lived to 34 - but wow, she got a lot done!).
Untitled

We had such a fun weekend with Jamisen. We fed the birds (Jamisen was so puzzled that the birds would not come up to take the food from his hands). We made Gnocchi from scratch (review: just buy it next time!) and Jamisen was a big fan of it. Of course, what's not to like about potatoes, olive oil and cheese?
Untitled

We threw rocks at Lake Samish. The lake was gorgeous - glass smooth and so clear - with the sun shining (though, it was very cold). Jamisen did an admirable job staying dry and out of the water.
Untitled

We went to the park but it was cold, cold, cold. Even with a warm jacket and hat on, it was too cold to stay long but we managed to go down the slide, watch the dog play fetch and marvel at the girl playing basketball.
 
Untitled
 Jamisen has taken to asking Mommy and Daddy to jump with him when he's jumping on his trampoline. It's adorable. If one of us isn't jumping, he stops everything and calls our name until we come over to start jumping again. Yes, that is his blanket that he's wearing as a cape.
 
Untitled
 I have spent the last couple of weeks (squished in between a major trip to Washington, DC) editing the galley proof for my new book coming out in August. Piece by piece, I finished the editing. Between me, my assistant, 2 copy editors and 1 editor, this book will have been reviewed a minimum of 45 times before it is actually published (no joke; we've all gone through the manuscript in full at least 3 times). I couldn't be happier with how the photography turned out. It is absolutely luscious and gorgeous.

  Untitled

 I also hit a personal fitness goal this weekend when I worked out for 200 days straight and met my Nike Fuel "points" (essentially, a 'movement' tracking system) goal.

 Untitled

Jamisen is still refusing baths (seriously, the kid must have had some major trauma that we don't know about) but we have managed to get him to shower on his own now and take a modified bath.

Untitled

Tonight, Daddy and Jamisen had a guy's night out while Mom grabbed a quick walk and dinner with girlfriends. Chris reported that Jamisen said "Thank You" (via sign language) when Chris ordered food for Jamisen. Our little guy is growing up!
 Untitled

1 comment:

Weston Renoud said...

I made gnocci for myself a couple weeks ago. It's laborious for a single meal, but I made a bunch and froze it. It's really easy as a quick meal for me because the frozen gnocci doesn't take much longer to cook than the fresh.