Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sick Days

I'm not sure if it's the excessive travel (22 hours in planes, 16 hours in airports) over the last 10 days or that I picked up a bug that Chris got from the nanny (who had similar symptoms, only shorter lived) but I'm having an official sick day. It's my first in at least a decade (unless you count time off to give birth to Jamisen ... which I don't) and I am soooo bored. I don't feel good enough to do anything, even read.
Untitled

I figured out I was sick in a surprisingly dramatic fashion. Last night, I hosted a business Mastermind group at our home. It's a round table of sorts, for busy entrepreneurs  to talk business, work/life balance and learn from each other. Right before everyone arrived, I felt a little nauseous. No sooner had everyone sat down, when I walked into the kitchen and started vomiting with a vengeance. It was disgusting  retching, with sound effects. And, to add massive insult to injury, I of course, peed myself while vomiting.Untitled

That's right little Baby Girl #2, you are sitting on my bladder so perfectly that the vomiting forced me to pee myself in front of 5 astute, smart, business people I like and respect. It was epic.
Untitled
Everyone left within 2 minutes of said puking and I proceeded to vomit 2 more times over the next 8 hours, peeing myself each time (seriously Little Girl, the things I do for you). Norman, our COO at work, decreed that I had to stay home, which I am. There's no reason to typhoid Mary the 50+ employees at Bramble Berry so I can play hero. Plus, I'm feeling so sick that I haven't even been reading - just laying down and wishing the day would go by faster. Seriously, so bored.
Untitled
My biggest thing now is that I'm going to miss my Nike Fuel Points goal for the day unless I go for a walk. But I'm pretty much too sick to leave the bed. But, my streak is 212 days and I hate to break that for a little fever and vomiting.
Untitled 
 One of the 22 hours of plane rides took me to California for a regulatory conference. After the conference, I spent an extra day with my girlfriend Cealleigh who is also pregnant. I'm 6.5 months and she's like 7 weeks but it was fun to talk all things baby for a day. =) I have a huge belly by the way. I'm not sure why the photo above isn't showing it but I'm definitely all tummy.
Untitled

Jamisen got a hair cut recently. He was very unhappy about the clippers but extremely happy about the pint of ice cream we put there to distract him!

No comments: