Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekend Fun with Fam

February 2013
 I am reading the (amazing, life-changing, wow, must-read) "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey for the third? fourth? time with my Mastermind Business Group. The book reminded me that taking time to rejuvenate is key to a fulfilled life and the ability to keep going. That was just what I needed to read this week. So, in keeping with that theme, I only opened my laptop twice last weekend - both times to work on the Soap Queen blog (this is pretty much a record; I took my laptop on our honeymoon!).
February 2013
 
 That left a lot of time to cook (shiitake mushroom stir-fry, yam and bean empinadas, blueberry compote with french toast), make green juice (with the cutest helper ever) and spend time with family. Chris's company just moved to a new location so a few of my team and I went and scavenged some of the desks and tables left behind. The frugal start-up girl in me loves a good deal (or free) and will go the extra mile to find it (even if they are 30 year old desks!).

February 2013
Pregnancy is moving right along. I'm over 6.5 months along now and we are starting to get really serious about names. We have a whole list but so far, we haven't found 'the one.' We still have a few months though so are trusting the process. Overall, this pregnancy has been easier than Jamisen's, for which I am extremely thankful (because as anyone that has been pregnant can attest to, it's not a walk in the park no matter how good your pregnancy is going). I've officially started waddling and working out has reached a bit of a slow crawl (or walk). No doubt, the waddling, the interrupted sleep, and a tap-dancing-on-the bladder is all worth it for a healthy little baby girl to join our family.
J
Jamisen is very interested in the baby - constantly saying "Baby, baby", patting my belly and sharing his 'binky' by putting it up against my belly. We all hope this giving, loving attitude lasts past May! =) He has a few books about bringing baby home and we talk a lot about the baby and have been trying to get him acclimated to the idea.

No comments: