Saturday, October 24, 2015

Half Marathon. Check. Check and Checkmark.


October was the month of running for me. After six months of training, I finished a 10K and a half-marathon.


I had the help of very good friends - Patrice (in photo above and below) who has run several marathons and many halves. She was 8 months pregnant at the time of both the 10K (above photo) and half-marathon (below photo).

I made date balls for us to eat close to the end of the race so at mile 11 (above), Patrice and I are eating and, celebrating.



Amazingly, the race felt good and I felt happy and strong the entire time. I think that it helped that I was with friends and really, it was basically a captive audience that was stuck listening to my stream-of-consciousness talking for 2 hours and 45 minutes (you're so welcome for those pearls of wisdom).


At this point in the race, Patrice was flagging (and hello, she is carrying a baby inside her that is totally viable on its own at this point) but with her Mom finishing right beside her, she was in strong and fine spirits crossing that finish line.


Raven - beside me - finished almost an hour ahead of us but doubled back to finish the race with her Mom (as did I). It was great to finish the race with two sets of friends (but boy did that mess up my timing chip!).


No comments: