Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Went to Mexico and it Rained

I went to Mexico last week. On business! Seriously, how crazy is it that this is my life!? I went to the Indie Business Conference to do the keynote. Donna Maria (below) gave me a full 3.5 hour time slot and wowsywow, 3.5 hours is a long time to talk and a ton of material to prepare!
 
Conference organizer Donna Maria and I have been friends for over a decade and it was great to see her. It was even more fun to see her brainchild, a group Mastermind set in an amazing location with supportive, judgement-free business owners.
 
 The classroom was cozy and intimate. There were classes on video for business, getting press for business and building community. I talk about how to organize your life for unparalleled productivity and fulfillment by designing life goals based on values.

I was so looking forward to spending time on the beach and having solitude to dream, plan and work on the next phase in our lives. Alas, it mostly rained the entire time I was there. Also, for the record: I work hard for those abs, thank you very much.

This was a 60 minute break over lunch and there was sun. I dashed into the ocean, took a quick photo and then floated in the ocean. It was blissful to be weightless and just floating and buoyant. At that moment, I felt so lucky and so grateful that Chris was holding down the home fort at home.

Donna Maria had a White Party one night; she had the entire group bring white clothing to wear for one epic night at the beach. It was way more fun than I would have guessed.

The White Party produced one epic photo too! Mexico was a lovely time of rejuvenation and business productivity. I'm so glad that Chris kept everything going at home so I could focus on my talk and being present for the conference.

No comments: