Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baby is a Lentil

We had such an exhausting weekend. Wowzers! Jamisen slept fitfully on Friday night (lots of whimpering all night) and then only slept 1 hour on Saturday and was quite irritable all day. It was all about trying to keep him busy, busy, busy to keep him from noticing how cranky he was.

Untitled 
His baby brother or sister is growing rapidly. S/he is the size of a Lentil and spent this week developing the very beginning of his/her eye and ear buds. I don't recall if I was sick much with Jamisen at this point (and the blog doesn't say) but I'm feeling really good. I'm a bit more tired than normal and sleeping way more hours in a 24 hour period but (knock on wood) so far, I haven't been all that nauseous.

Untitled 
 I'm just thankful that I had not one, but TWO blood tests this week to confirm that my hormone levels were rising at the appropriate rates (they are). Otherwise, I wouldn't know for certain that I was with child.

Untitled 
I made this delicious recipe while Jamisen was sleeping today and he was not thankful nor appreciative. I ended up eating more of it than he did. Untitled 
We did introduce him to French Fries today. He promptly scrawled a note that said, "On strike. More fries." It was an unspoken threat that he would organize other neighborhood babies in a rudimentary union if we didn't comply. Untitled 
We took him on a field trip downtown, complete with plain frozen yogurt with delicious blueberries (where in the world are they getting fresh blueberries this time of year?!) and a visit to the fish store.

Untitled 
Chris ran 16 miles and biked 28 miles this weekend. He was exhausted but still game to go hiking with the fam. Thanks honey!
 Untitled 
Jamisen is so independent! He was insisting that he cold walk up a very harsh stone grade with no help. He was quite vocal about the fact that he didn't want Daddy to help him. Adorable little guy is just like both of his parents there - opinionated, stubborn and independent.

Untitled

No comments: