Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In a Family Way

In the last 6 days, I've flown to Washington DC and back, made halvah from scratch and a from-scratch halvah cheesecake, spent a day with my family, participated in the annual Mastermind Business retreat and as I write this, am in Dallas about to board a plane to come back to Washington state. I am mostly just tired at this point
.Untitled 
The reason I am tired is because (drum roll!) we found out we are pregnant and expecting our second child on May 28, 2013. I had forgottn how exhausting the first trimester is. I feel like sleeping most of the day - or at least have since figuring out on Saturday that we are expecting.
September 2012
 It was great to have Grandma and Grandpa visiting when we found out. I awoke with morning sickness at 4 a.m. and realized quickly what it was. I was mildly surprised since I had taken a pregnancy test just two days before in order to fly to DC (if pregnant, I should be on blood thinners to fly while pregnant) but even with the baby taking its sweet time to show a positive pregnancy test, it was welcome news when we found out.
Untitled 
With Grandma and Grandpa here, we did our traditional early-morning hike and pancake bake. Every single hike, Jamisen walks more and more himself. This time, we didn't even bring the Baby Bjorn front pack. He walked himself into a full 3 hour nap later on. He is quite the little explorer and LOVES to eat any berries he finds, including the white berries. Whoops.September 2012 
 We timed the train just perfectly. Jamisen is obsessed with trains right now. He flaps his little arms and makes happy-boy noises.
  Untitled 
 Take a good look at these baby boy curls because they're all gone. September 2012 
 We cut Jamisen's hair this weekend (eeek!). We got him a little hair-cutting smock (that will double as an art smock in the future) and he took the entire experience like the little man he is. As soon as we cut his hair, I ran out for the all-day business retreat so there are no great photos of him without his little curls yet but I'll post them in the next few weeks.
  September 2012
I board in exactly 19 minutes and can't wait to see my baby boy tomorrow. In a strange twist of fate, I land at the airport an hour before Chris does (from his own business trip) so we'll be driving home together. I stopped at a mattress store to buy a pillow so I can sleep all the way home while he drives. Now that was handy! Chris also got upgraded to first class (as did I) so we're both having easy stress-free flights on the way home. It will be great to be home though - between DC and Dallas in under 5 or 6 days (I've lost count), it's been a little too much whirlwind travel here! =)

No comments: