Sunday, January 13, 2013

Family Gender Reveal Party

IMG_7621
Our Balloon Gender Reveal party was just a party for the three of us: Jamisen, Chris and myself. We were all delighted and surprised when we found out a little girl would be joining our family this year. Baby Number Two is a planned, very loved addition to our family and no matter what the gender, we knew our family would want to celebrate in a big way. I designed a special fizzy that takes over a minute to dissolve and show the color (and yes, of course there's a tutorial on how to make it. Check it out here) but before we did that, everyone had to vote "Team Blue" or "Team Pink." They were overwhelmingly Team Pink and I suspect one of the blue votes (from my Dad) was only done in solidarity so my brother didn't feel so alone. Grandpa Winston was in the Middle East so he missed the party. I wonder if he would have voted Team Blue too?
IMG_7639
We didn't make people wait long. The bath fizzy bonanza was the perfect suspenseful reveal. It was just long enough.
Gender Reveal Bath Fizzy
I also made a Gender Reveal ombré cake in addition to cheerful Pink Shortbread and Blueberry Blue Shortbread cookies. And had blue and pink M & Ms, balloons, ribbons and soap to complete the tableau. 
Untitled
Cutting the cake was easy but getting the five layers onto plates was a bit harrowing. We managed. Eating it was the easy part! Though, I am stymied today with what to do with the leftovers. I did have a small piece and might just get rid of the cake one piece at a time!
Untitled
IMG_7655
Jamisen had a ball with so many people over. He loves his fort and spent at least an hour playing in it with his cousin Anamarie and cousin Analena. Gender Reveal Party
Jamisen is delighted that it's gotten too cold to keep his well-worn hand-me-down training trike outdoors so happily rode it all over the house to showcase his skills at competitive trike riding.
Gender Reveal Party
It was a wonderful day filled with laughter, tears and fueled by massive amounts of sugar. Chris, Jamisen and I feel fortunate and blessed to be surrounded on both sides of our family with such support. Jamisen is napping now and boy oh boy, there is a house to clean while he's sleeping. So, I'm signing off to clean but positively bursting with delight and happiness over our spring baby girl addition.

No comments: