Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jamisen's First Vomit

We've had an eventful week this week, culminating in a trip to Seattle for Grandpa's birthday! We're going to see 'Book of Mormon' while Jamisen stays home, under the watchful eye of Kristen (my assistant from work) and McKenna (normal nanny) in the afternoon.
Jan 2013
Leaving Jamisen this morning wasn't the easiest thing. Though we gave a full 30 minutes for the transition, he knew we were leaving and got whiny and sad when Kristen walked in. We finally capitulated and bribed him with unlimited iPad time and binky time.
Jan 2013
Jamisen came down with some sort of epic awesome bug this week. We put him to bed on Friday night and he was fine (happy, babbling, normal temperature). But, as Chris and I sat in the living room, reading, we could hear Jamisen talking, playing and generally not sleeping until 8:30 p.m. That's unusual. Around 9, Chris went up to check on him and found him extremely warm with a fever of 102 degrees.
Jan 2013
We decided to pull him out of bed to give him some Motrin to get his fever down. And, I don't know if it was the thick, syrup or if it had been lurking there all along but he puked all over me, all over him, all over the chair ... everywhere. He was sobbing, couldn't breathe and generally a mess. His Mama wasn't much better. It's tough to watch your little guy go through something scary that he doesn't understand. Chris helped me strip him out of his clothes and then took him downstairs, leaving me to strip myself out of every article of clothing I was wearing. Also, for future reference, you should always wash puke clothes right away I waited until morning and almost threw-up myself putting them in the washing machine. They smelled SO bad. Time did not improve that smell.
Jan 2013
After the epic vomit, we forced Motrin in him (for his fever) and brought his Pack 'n' Play into our bedroom so we could monitor him all night  And of course, we called Grandpa next. We're happy to report that after 24 hours with a fever above 100, he is back to normal temperature and energy levels today and did not puke again. It was our first real illness in the house and both Chris and I are so thankful that it's over. Untitled 
 I  don't want you to miss the latest Chris'ism. 
 Chris: "Wow, you sure gave Jamisen a lot of kale juice this morning." 
Me: "It just looks like it's more b/c the diameter of the glass is smaller than his normal one." 
Chris to Jamisen: "This is a prime example of why men are better at math and science." (pause) "And business. Men are better at business too."
  photo
Also random factoid that surprised me? The day that Jamisen vomited, I had made him a delicious kale, mushroom omelette for breakfast. All of that kale? Came up in whole pieces!? What the holy slow digestion system?!  I couldn't believe it when the pieces came up whole. It had been 15 hours and his body hadn't yet started to digest and absorb the kale goodness? Crazy!

No comments: