Monday, November 11, 2013

Another Week of Sick


It's hard to believe it but for a second weekend, poor Chris was down for the count. He spent three days in bed, sleeping and generally being miserable. Of course, we threw a dinner party Friday night that he was barely conscious for. But, he held on, undoubtedly for the delicious Pink Vodka Pasta deliciousness that is my standby for dinner parties. In the photo below, Lily has her 'I Voted' sticker because she was my +1 at Election Night parties. My little social, smart, politically savvy girl ...


The kids seem to be surviving the onslaught of germs though it would be difficult to figure out if they ever got better from last week or not. I caught whatever Chris has but managed to escape the 3 day sinus headache he had that laid him flat out.


 To Jamisen's credit, he didn't need one time out all weekend with me. He was perfect - even with this little punch (he pulled it before it connected). 


Lily is just starting to explore solid foods. She got a gluten-free lemon poppyseed muffin taste today and basically lunged at me to get more. Her real meal was sweet potatoes (yummy!) and she did really well for about 12 mini spoonfuls.


Work has been extremely challenging as of late. The company is growing and our sales are high but with growth comes challenges managing it all. That coupled with staff turnover is causing stress but 'tis the season. This is the busy season for us and the only way to get through it is ... to go through it. However, on the plus side, I did learn how to give myself the perfect blowout (that's the hairstyle I'm sporting in the above selfie) so that's a plus. I will leave you with this photo of our Customer Service Team Leader Kevin and Lily hammin' it up. There's your laugh for the day!



No comments: