Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Growth Ultrasound Report

We had our baby positioning + growth ultrasound tonight. The ultrasound tech has seen us so much this pregnancy that she said, "Wow! I think I've given you more ultrasounds than any other pregnant woman ever!" And that doesn't count the extra 3 ultrasounds I got from my OBs along the way. We're so thankful for our amazing team of OBs who are taking extra good care to make sure my clotting disorder does not affect our baby's growth.

First, the good news: he's HEAD DOWN! Yay! He's in position for birth. Thank you Mr. Renoud Jr. for cooperating.

Second, also good news: he's gaining weight like a CHAMP! Our baby boy is now in the 60th weight percentile and is 5 pounds, 6 ounces (by head and by femur measurements). He is adding weight quickly. Chris, my ever loving husband, made sure to ask the Doctor if the baby was gaining weight so quickly because I was gaining weight so quickly. She pointed out, very sharply, that no, in fact I have gained the perfect amount of weight for the pregnancy and I was doing everything "perfectly." I have been holding that over him for the last six hours and plan on holding it over him AND our son for the rest of their lives. PERFECTLY.

Pictures of our SON!





Yes, that is a HUGE eye open at you.


See his little hand? It's up near his mouth. =) Thumb sucker, maybe?

This is a funny photo; Chris made the Ultrasound Tech turn the machine back on to check out our son's eh hem, nether regions. You will be thrilled to learn that Baby Renoud's testicles have DROPPED. And can we just say that they looked HUGE on the screen compared to his little buttocks? Chris was in awe over his son's obvious mastery of this one growth area.

The other important part of our son's genitalia

We go back again on April 1st to check vitals and everything else. With our son at over 5 pounds, I'm feeling great about his progress. Even if we went into labor early, almost 6 pounds is great. Phew! Just one more month until we meet our little boy.

4 comments:

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

He is beautiful, and thank you so much for sharing the genitals. My husband did the same thing. In fact, Mr. Brooks stuck his butt right up in front of the camera so we got an extra good view. And he's still a little ham.

He's going to have to come out soon -- he's running out of room. Can't wait to see him.

And, by the way, SCREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!

xoxo

Anne-Marie said...

I know! Screeeeeeam is right! Less than 4 weekends until we meet our little boy. =) I can't wait!!!

cheriss said...

bottoms up! hooray!

Aussie Soap Supplies said...

Anne- Marie, that's totally awesome, how exciting! He's a nice size now,so when he lets you can can exhale :)

Not long now for you all to meet !