Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baby Jamisen Update

It will come as no surprise to anyone with children that our entire lives have shifted with Jamisen's arrival. We are both tired and euphoric, all the time, and every day brings exciting new challenge and joy. I've been taking Jamisen to work with me a few afternoons and so far, it's been highly inefficient but when your tummy is the size of a golf ball, ya' gotta wake up to eat a lot. It probably doesn't help the efficiency that my grasp of the English language seems to have diminished greatly along with my sleep.
Working from home has been a bit easier (missed the home set up post? Click here to see it) because all of the bag o' tricks (swing, official changing table, lots of different clothes, all kinds of swaddling clothes, four kinds of pacifiers) is at home. I'm still getting to know Jamisen so I don't always know what to do when he screams so having a multitude of options to try and soothe him has saved me on more than one occasion.
Sometimes, he does scream inconsolably and I don't know what to do. It seems that our little guy might be a bit gassy. I'm going to eliminate dairy from my diet; we have two kinds of gripe water; lil man is on baby probiotics but if anyone has any suggestions on how to relieve his pain, I'd love to hear it. There's not a lot worse in life than hearing your child cry in pain and not be able to fix it.

Jamisen Louis is loved

There is no doubt that this lil man, gas or not, is exceedingly loved by everyone in his life. Grandma and Grandpa are especially delighted with him. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't notice if me and Chris are in the room when Jamisen is there. We're okay with him being the show stopper though; he's the show stopper in our lives too.

No comments: