Thursday, September 15, 2011

Raising a Good Husband

Isn't this video cute? Our just-right-sized-guy is sooooooo happy and chill. We had a fantastic day at Seabrook, spent working around Jamisen's nap schedule. Chris golfed today and I got a ton of quality time with Jamisen. He is such a little cuddlebug right now. It melts my heart. Though, he was quite happy when his Dad got home from golf! Sept 2011 I believe Chris's quote about golf was "I did great. Except for a few holes where everything just fell apart." Alrighty then .... Sept 2011 Jamisen and I read many, many books. Right now, we're reading a variety of Eric Carle fame (Hungry Caterpillar) books, including one very sweetly illustrated one about sea life that the Fathers carry the eggs/raise the children. It is never to early to start raising a fantastic husband who has a high emotional IQ (I believe that's called 'EQ' in some circles) and is going to be thrilled to help with housework and childcare while providing for the family in a meaningful and productive (to society) way. Too much to ask for? Not when you start your son out on such politically-correct books such as Mister Seahorse. Sept 2011 We also took a couple walks. Jamisen was fairly non plussed about both walks. In fact, we ran into some friends who commented about how chill Jamisen seemed. Sept 2011 We brought Jamisen's favorite play gym. He appears thankful in which he expresses in squeals and smiles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that seahorse book! Sequoia really enjoys talking about fatherhood.

I was super proud when we were watching TV and he saw a woman struggling to soothe her crying baby. Sequoia said, "why doesn't the dad take the baby and give the mom a break?" Be still my heart!! :)

Anne-Marie said...

Oh that is soooooo sweet. Obviously you have a great working partnership at home with Jim that the kids have really noticed and picked up on.

Unknown said...

I think so! His future wife better thank me! :)