Sunday, April 7, 2013

Daddy Comes Home

We were all so relieved and delighted when Chris came home after an almost two week trip to Saudi Arabia. He came home right in time for Jamisen to wake up from his nap. Jamisen, being 2 years old, doesn't know how to express anger very well so he threw his binky at his Daddy to say "Here's my most precious possession. I love you so much. But I'm also angry. So I'm throwing it. So, take that!" Within an hour, Jamisen was back to preferring Daddy over Mommy and he and Jamisen spent the afternoon bonding and reconnecting.
 Untitled 
 Before Daddy came home, we kept Jamisen busy, busy, busy! From throwing rocks in ponds, to many parks (seriously, almost every park in Bellingham) to riding his faux-bike in the ferry terminal. This weekend, Jamisen learned how to swing with Grandpa Faiola's help:
 IMG_8177 
We fed our beautiful (pooping) seagulls moldy bread. I had to convince Jamisen not to eat the moldy bread.
 IMG_8223 
He went down the slide a gajillion times and was soooo proud of himself;
 IMG_8189 
But the real highlight of the weekend was meeting Eva. Eva is an older woman at 3 years old. And boy, did he put the moves on her!
 IMG_8198 
Despite going up on the stairs and going down the slide a gajillion times on his own, when Eva showed up, he said "Hold my hand," and the proceeded to hold her hand every single time they went up the stairs and down the slide. It was his first 3 word sentence (and really, the only other sentence he's ever said is "Help me" so I feel like we could easily say "Hold my hand" was his first sentence. Since it makes for a better story at his wedding, we'll make it so. Viola A bit of Jamisen Renoud lore born ... right before your eyes. You saw it here first, folks!).
 Untitled 
 This little homecoming present for Chris made me laugh so much. A bird came by and totally drive-by shat, on a vertical window! How is that even possible?! Chris took it well and cleaned up the vertical window poo present with a sense of humor that he should not have had given his long, long flights. What can I say? Best. Husband. Ever.
 Untitled 
Besides missing Chris dreadfully, I did keep busy while he was gone, hosting dinners and girlfriends. My favorite meal I made was French Onion Soup from scratch. I'm rather proud of it so here's a photo of the finished product (it did taste as good as it looks) Untitled 
And, this photo is just here because I like the way I looked in it. But, I'll make up some significance for you: Bramble Berry is doing a soap swap where 100 different soapers send 12 bars of soap each. Then, we mix and match all the soaps so the soapers all get 12 different soaps back. It's sort of like a way cooler chain letter like you used to do in 5th grade. While I technically don't open or sort the boxes, this one did happen to make it into my office so we grabbed a quick shot of it. Since it's one of the few shots you'll see of me without a double chin (past 8 months pregnant people, 8 months!), feast up.
 Untitled 
Speaking of Baby Girl Renoud, she is doing great. We had our first of many, many fetal stress tests and checks last week (the first of roughly seven more 2 hour appointments) and this week, we start weekly ultrasounds for fluid monitoring and to check Baby Girl's size. She is a mover and a shaker. She loves to toss and turn, especially in the early morning hours and late at night when I'm trying to fall or stay asleep. The traditional pregnancy acid reflux has come upon me and I'm mostly sleeping upright now. For this, and many other reasons, we can't wait to meet our little girl in 6 weeks.

No comments: