Sunday, June 1, 2014

Paris Getaway

Chris and I had the chance to go to Paris for a quick 6 days last week. We have a couple friends in Paris and they offered to put us up and show us the town. We cashed in Chris's air miles, called upon Grandma Faiola and family, and jetted off.




It was amazing to hang out with Chris, without the pressures of our normal schedule and childcare, in the City of Love and Light.



We walked EVERYWHERE. One day, we walked over ten miles! It was crazy. It's been awesome for my FitBit points. I hit my top days for walking (25,000 steps one day - with NO work out!) multiple days in a row.



The food was amazing, off-the-hook, delicious. We took long, leisurely meals that started at 10:30 p.m. and ended at 1 a.m. Because of the jet lag, we didn't sleep a whole lot! But, it didn't matter because no one else seemed like they were sleeping either. The whole city was awake then too.

We visited Cannes for a few days and even got to take in a movie. We got all dressed up and enjoyed our big night out. I got to try on some incredible jewels and be dazzled by the beautiful dresses, gems and glamour of the city.





There were crowds of people everywhere (!) but we got out of the city and hiked to the tippy top of the old town and took in the sights with a sense of wonder and gratefulness. The yachts were the size of giant mansions. The opulence (and waste) was a bit overwhelming.



When Chris and I went to visit Ryan in Rome, Chris bought me a gorgeous purse (gorgeous green leather purse, handmade....) but alas, it got stolen  a few years back when my car was broken into in Seattle. Chris made good on the missing purse, purchasing this glorious handmade yellow bag ... made in Italy (!) in Paris. =)


We are so thankful that our friends, family and especially my parents helped out so much on this trip. We are lucky, blessed and just cannot get over what a fun trip it was. I told Chris it was better than our honeymoon but I don't think he agreed. =) I actually think he may have been a little insulted. Whoops.



The kids were happy to see us. Lily preferred Grandma to me by the time we got back. I'm happy they developed such a beautiful bond and I hope it continues for her entire life. Lily and Jamisen are lucky to have a caring, loving extended family.

I'm already trying to convince Chris that we need to do a romantic week-long trip every year. It was SO good for us to reconnect in a low-key, low-stress environment. Here's to hoping you see another update like this, next year!



No comments: