Sunday, January 16, 2011

6 1/2 Month Bump Report

Jan 2011 6 1/2 months pregnant


That photo was taken in the morning. It's subtle, but I do grow a little bit during the day, every day (water retention, food etc...). I tried to do a photo that showed the growth but it's not as impressive to look at as it feels.



Morning versus night.

According to my multiple baby sites, apps and books - the baby is anywhere between 13 1/2 ounces to 1.7 pounds and is either the size of a 12" ear of corn to a 15" giant squash.


Jan 2011 6 1/2 months pregnant


Thank goodness I can still fit into my winter jacket!

My stomach, at its widest widest point is 35 1/2" wide. I'm too scared to measure my rear or hips. I'm in a good mood and don't feel like taking the time for the crying jag that would ensue after that little experiment.

Overall, pregnancy has been good. But, I'm pregnant. So I don't feel all "top of the morning to ya'!" every morning. I feel more like 1/2 of my normal self with energy level and mood. That probably has a lot to do with the pregnancy insomnia that seems to have moved into our home. I still work out 5-6 times per week but have changed my work out substantially. I've added Prenatal Pilates, Prenatal Yoga, walking, elliptical trainer, and light weights. This week, I might make it to water aerobics since jogging and jazzercise bit the dust around month 5. My feet hurt too much with both of those. Probably the extra weight? Or maybe my spreading feet size?

This week, I'm going to be focusing on moving my office into the new baby-centric office, complete with a rocking chair, a new desk and Moses basket (or pack'n'play - I'm not sure yet). We can't wait to meet this little one. 

No comments: