Sunday, July 3, 2011

Baby Things I Can't Live Without

Jamisen continues to rock my world - his little smile absolutely makes me want to walk over hot coals, his cooing takes away all tiredness pain and his little hands and feet make my heart melt like hot butter. His Daddy is an equal great fan (as are his grandparents). These are some of the things that have made the transition to parenthood (and working Mommyhood!) easier.

mosaicd530fe57f20bcffee184ea8217a56ac815b6c66c


1.  MAM Pacifiers - We tried what seems like a million pacifiers. The ones that Jamisen loved were definitely not orthodontist approved (big, round, chewy hard plastic) and the ones that were orthodontist approved did NOT stay in his mouth. And all Moms out there can attest that a pacifier that stays in your child's mouth at night? Worth it weight in GOLD! And the fact that this is orthodontist approved and stays in his mouth at night? Ditto the GOLD!

mosaic5d0c16d1d825415e5b3896133e30b1d94e86dbb3


2. Dr. Browns Bottles - We have multiple brands and types of bottles. I was determined to fully stock our house with three months of diapers, wipes, bottles, etc...  and I purchased three different types of bottles for Jamisen. Alas, when we were giving them to him, they were like garden hoses on high! That kid was choking, coughing and finishing a bottle in 2 minutes flat. They were decidedly not like my breasts with a slow, gotta-work-for-it milk spigot. The Dr. Brown's Bottles are glass (no plastic chemicals here!) and have a slow, gotta-work-for-it milk drip. So when Lil Man comes back to me, he's not angry about having to work at it.

mosaicb5292fb3a8a20f4af1d89c25f0c8d7febd2340a0


3. Disposable Changing Pads - I was positive I would only use these on the road. After all, I have not one, not two but THREE terry cloth changing table covers so I can always have one or two in the wash and not change the baby on a cold, hard floor. But um, I had NO IDEA how much this adorable little (perffffect!) child would pee on the table, poop on the changing table and always always always spit up on the changing table. Since he's on there at least 8 times per day, there is not enough terry cloth changing covers in my house to make it through even a day! Thank you disposable changing table covers. You are saving my life when I run out of terry cloth changing table covers (which is daily in this household).

Jamisen 2 months


4. Vitamin D Drops + Gas Drops - Our little man has not had an easy entry in this world. He was full term but a bit small and his digestive system doesn't seem to have caught up with the fact that he's out in the world now. So, these Gas Drops (which, BTW, some studies show are no more affective than a placebo) make our entire household feel better. Vitamin D (get them at any supplement store) drops are key for infants and with the drops, I can toss a drop on his pacifier and know that he's getting this one essential nutrient.

mosaic14090782bfb99c15ed9107683cebfda426d3ebf0


5. White Noise Maker - We're loving the Homedics White Noise Maker. It was affordable compared to some ($20) and has an optional light show that plays on the ceiling. Supposedly, when our son can see more than 2 feet from his face (soon! soon!), he'll be mezmerized by this light show and that will help him sleep too. If that's the case, I'll take 10 please.

June 2011


Jamisen is really starting to develop quite the sense of humor and smiles and kicks and coos when I read books to him. Unfortunately, the books are only 5 or 6 pages long so I am getting tired of the plot lines already so the children's thrift store is seeing me weekly to get new books. Me and the library are soon to be besties as soon as I'm able to do more than make it outside for a workout with Jamisen and then work and home in a  single day (and consider that quite an achievement).

June 2011


I'm spending the weekend with my family and can't wait to hang out in the sun, read and relax with family. I'll have some fun photos of Jamisen in his red, white and blue Fourth of July outfit to share too. I hope you're having fun with your family too; stay safe!

No comments: