Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day. One Third In.

Having the best weekend thus far - and it's only 1/3rd of the way through! We hosted a wine tasting party last night and learned a lot about Washington State wines. Our experts actually made the Gold Medal 2012 Cabernet Sauvingon for Washington State so they had a lot of great information to impart based on real-deal experience. May 2012 Before we filled our house with people, my Mastermind Group (or at least most of them!) got together for paddleboarding. It was such a great workout and absolutely a soul-enhancing time. My smart, business owner girlfriends have all got it 'goin' on' and they inspire me. May 2012 Paddleboarding is all about the core - and I am SORE today! My legs hurt. My abs are wondering what hit them and my shoulders are protesting. May 2012 We went to the park today and Jamisen absolutely hated his sun bonnet (or is it a manly cap? Isn't it all semantics?). He did LOVE the slide. He kept climbing up the slide (it's a small, slightly tilted piece of molded fiberglass) to his Daddy. Chris would turn him around and send him the 2 feet back to me. There was a lot of smiles, giggling and grunting. Jamisen loved it! And he took the LONGEST afternoon nap. All the climbing, walking (with Mommy's help!) and crawling tuckered our little boy out. Untitled There's no photo but we brought Mr. Jamisen to an afternoon party where I made salmon (fresh) en papillote and adult macaroni and cheese (cambozola cheese plus farmhouse cheddar) Untitled We're planning on walking the baby into Fairhaven tomorrow for Ski to Sea. He is going to be in his element with all the people (our baby is a people person!). Hopefully he'll sit still enough for a few photos. Untitled Also, I realize I was remiss in not sharing this lovely photo from last weekend. We took Jamisen to the sculpture garden and he loved the giant pieces of metal, rock and wood. Our baby boy is interested in everything. We're certain this is a clear sign of his genius and not just a normal developmental stage.

No comments: