Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Fun

May 2012 Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! We had a wonderful weekend (thanks to awesome planning by Chris). Between two hikes in the sunny Pacific Northwest, a lovely visit to a local sculpture park, visits to the park, bouquets of flowers and a new Nook (hello, Mother's Day gift from sweet husband!), it was an energetic, busy and joyful weekend. P1050927 I am so thankful for my OWN Mother, who taught me about being kind, giving back to the community and being an intentional Mother. May 2012 We're lucky to have TWO doting Grandmas in our family (and one great-grandma). All of that loving maternal energy directed at Jamisen is sure to make a positive difference (right?). At the very least, it means we have a lot of fun together! That's Grandma Renoud below. Jamisen is lovin' on her shiny earrings. P1070213 I feel so lucky to have born into the family I was - and it's a wonderful experience to add to the family with little Jamisen. With all the family support, I'm a lucky daughter AND Mom. May 2012
Yes, I recognize that Jamisen looks like he has a giant third eye in the photo above. I think he is prone to frowning like me - which means lines and wrinkles as he gets older. Sigh. It was bound to happen. He'll probably have ugly knees (a genetic flaw of the Faiolas) and bad eyesight as well (Faiola + Renoud contributions!).

1 comment:

Weston Renoud said...

Wish I'd been there. What a beautiful weekend. I'm in town in a week. I'll get it touch.