Monday, April 30, 2007

Wedding Day is here!

I am sorry that there are not more photos. I actually got up at 6:30 a.m. this morning to upload a bunch when there was not queue to use the Internet but the ´net doesn´t start working until 8 around this island. I think there´s a connection that they (the ubiquitous they ... no, I have no idea who they are ...) turn it on for the island. Anyhoo, the upload process is painfully slow so it takes about 10 minutos per photo.

The rehearsal dinner last night was amazing and I even drank a mimosa in front of my parents. The food was truly superb, the best gnocci I have ever had, and the family was in high spirits. Both clans are getting along swimmingly and I can see many family vacations together in the future. It´s a beautiful thing.

My dad gave a little speech last night that had us ALL crying. I have never seen my father cry for more than a choked sob and he´s done the eulogies for both of his parents. But, last night, he was a sentimental blubbering father. It was a glorious thing. The only draw back was that I was wearing insane amounts of make up and it all pretty much ran. It was also a preview for today. The entire Faiola family cried so much last night that it really doesn´t bode well for today.

My hair and make up start at 2 p.m. and then photos in town with the red sash wedding dress at 4 and then, I go into seclusion and change into the Grecian wedding dress and put my veil on to surprise Chris so his first look at my as I walk down the aisle will be in a new wedding dress that he has not seen. I think that this little compromise allows us to get photos before the wedding and also for me to wear the cannot-breathe-one-iota dress for a bit.

I will work on uploading photos now. I miss you all desperately and am dying for an update for numbers for Bramble Berry. The ´net is so slow that I can´t really get onto my computer to check balances and numbers. I am going a little bit crazy but nothing a mimosa won´t cure.

No comments: