Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Bag!

That's the changing table it's propped up on.

It was a tough choice, figuring out which baby bag to keep. We received some beautiful bags given to us at various showers (some practical with wipeable flaps, some not so practical made out of silk with beautiful stitching). I fell in love with a Petunia Picklebottom bag given to me by a dear friend. Alas, it was made out of a beautiful silk bag with elaborate stiching, more high end coutre than baby practical. But it had these backpack straps that I can envision myself using as I try to hold the baby in one arm, drag his carseat with the other arm, and then hoist lunch bags around my neck, all while balancing his baby bag on my back.

picnikfile_pFekx1
The oh-so-practical straps

Imagine my delight when I found THE Petunia Picklebottom bag ON SALE at Nordstrom's with a utilitarian wipe-off-able covering. It was though the heavens parted and the angels trumpeted their joy to the universe. Chris took one look at my face, pulled out his credit card and the bag was ours! The final piece of the baby puzzle (well, we still need to figure out sleeping arrangements but that will come after he's born) is complete. Little Sir Renoud can make his appearance at any time now ...

Overflowing! That's the fuzzy blanket for him ...

It's all packed and ready to go to the hospital with FOUR coming home outfits, diapers, wipes, a snuggly baby blanket (thank you Grandma and Grandpa Renoud). The overflowing bag has a place of honor in the back seat of my car, ready to spring into actions when needed.

No comments: