Wednesday, May 2, 2007

2 Hours Late for our honeymoon

No photo right now as we are headed to dinner but we finally made it to our honeymoon destination, despite being left at el ferry docko for an extra two hours by our supposedly 5 star eco resort. Every time I called, we were told that it was only another 10 minutos! It was most certainly not and that happened many times over 2 hours. Finally, we were picked up after I practically burst into tears on them. I blame low blood sugar. They promised us a romantic dinner on the beach. I was mollified.

But my new husband, que triumphant music, puffed out his chest and said, "Honey, don't worry about a thing. Be quiet when we get there. I'll do all the negotiating."

Sure enough, when we got there, he pretended to not be thrilled and delighted at the fresh coconuts, or as we say it here, coconut con frio, and the amazing pristine paradise we were deposited in. He kept his frowny face on and demanded to speak to the manager. He threw around phrases like... "expected better from a resort of this calibur ... first day of the honeymoon ... comfirmed three times .... wife very upset ... what are you going to do to make it up to us."

One hour later, we had *you are not going to believe this!!!* a THREE NIGHT STAY to come back here and stay for free! That's practically like 50 percent off!

And, I was happy to take a free dinner. Sheesh. Talk about a Man with a capital M! Love that new husband of mine. Mi new esposa!

Off to dinner now ... more later. Hugs and kisses. I miss you all!

No comments: