Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The water here is so blue


Now that Chris has let me borrow his polarized sunglasses, I am a happy girl because apparently, the water here is way more crystal blue color than I suspected with my ratty ol' Fossil sunglasses (that I was perfectly happy with until I was introduced to polarized glasses on this trip. Why isn't the polarized glasses phenomenon discussed and taught at school, pregunata).
So, guess what we are doing today (I would put a question mark there but I can't figure out how to work that button this el especial espanol keyboard). A private tour of Tulum, Mayan ruins and a private snorkeling trip capped off by a private tequila lesson and tasting.
And how did we manage that (ditto the question mark note from above). Chris, my dear Chris.
Unbeknownest to me, while I was walking away, eyes downcast modestly, letting Chris negotiate mano a mano, he had said, "A three night free stay is acceptable, thank you for your generosity, but I want to know what you are going to do for us now on this trip" and voila, private chauffered air conditioned tour of the ruins.
Wow. And again, remember, I was happy with just a free dinner for the two hour wait in the hot sun, freaking out, thinking we were going to be sold into white slavery at any moment.
Must run. Chris wants me to try on fins now ... Photos later tonight. Hugs and all of that to everyone.

2 comments:

Dwayne said...

Jessica constantly stole my polarized glasses until she finally got my own pair. They make a huge difference on those glaring white sand beaches! Glad to hear you guys are having such a great time. It sounds like a perfect experience overall.

Anne-Marie said...

The polarized sunglasses make all the difference in the world. I wonder why all the so-called fashion sunglasses don't have the polarized lenses (pregunta). It just adds that much more amazing color and depth to the water and the jungle.