Friday, May 4, 2007

Today...

This post could also be titled "How in the world do people sit in the sun and read all day for a week? And, what is wrong with me that I can't?"

I know that it's a major national pastime - reading in the sun for hours - and this resort is built so that no one leaves. Ever. It has 154 staff for 30 little cabanas. You want for nothing in this little eco jungle island paradise.

However, I think that I am somehow broken. When God was giving out realxing-genes, he skipped me and gave me a double dose of the multi-tasking genes.

I am going a bit stir crazy and we've only been here a day. Thankfully, it's too late for Chris to back out and we're definitely married so the tendency to not able to relax is like water under the bridge from that angle. He is el stucko with me. Chris was very happy and content to stare at the ocean for long periods of time all day. He is clearly a better person than I.

This is the first day since we left that we did not have a billion activities planned and only have the tequila tasting at sunset tonight. I finished a book. I worked out (swimming laps in pool with my swim goggles from grade school, I ran on the beach, I attempted yoga but couldn't sit still long enough). I sat in the sun for thirty seconds. I practiced my espanol with the friendly waitstaff. I started a new book. I moved locations fifty times. I had a long talk with the manager about the operations, budgeting, how things are run (Norm, they have a Daily Huddle!). We took a nap. I swam in our private dip pool. I cleaned the cabana. I spent 30 minutes trying to upload photos with no luck. I dressed up for dinner, make up and everything. I tried to keep busy but there's only so much you can do in a small eco resort secluded for relaxation in the middle of now where.

And so, I gave up and scheduled activities for us, every day, for the rest of the trip. We're going horseback riding tomorrow.

I'm going to hell, aren't I?

No comments: